Network Linkage & Operation Supporting fi-Series Scanner
Large color liquid-crystal touch display and built-in keyboard - The fi-6000NS is the world’s first network scanner to come loaded with a large liquid-crystal touch display (8.4 inch XGA) and built-in keyboard (US101 type). In addition to supporting easy usage, this touch display enables operators to verify fi-6000NS created image data prior to attaching it to an e-mail or sending it as a FAX. Furthermore, the built-in keyboard facilitates smooth client computer - free operation.
Loaded with automatic time saving functions
The fi-6000NS is loaded with the following time saving functions that reduce document placement and rescanning tasks:
- Auto-deskewing, which properly aligns all images,
- Auto-orientation, which shows images in their proper orientation,
- Multi-feed detection, which detects whenever two or more sheets of paper have been simultaneously fed into the scanner,
- Blank page detection, which removes blank images
Remote operation and confirmation network management
The fi-6000NS enables operators to easily perform the following tasks :
- Attach scanned data to e-mail messages,
- Send scanned data to a fax Server,
- Save scanned data in a folder on the network.
Included security features :
- A user identification function enables administrators to limit scanner use to specific users,
- Generate scanned data as password protected PDF files