Samsung Galaxy Watch
What we think
The Galaxy Watch is Samsung's most refined smartwatch due to its helpful fitness tracking and four-day battery life – if you opt for the larger 46mm size that we liked and recommend. All of this is packaged inside a sophisticated-looking circular silver-and-black smartwatch that has a rotating bezel for effortless menu navigation. Be warned, third-party apps are lacking and its iOS support is limited if you're using an iPhone. This is best for Samsung fans.
Reasons to buy
- + Impressive four-day battery life
- + Great core smartwatch software
- + Rotating bezel cycles through UI
Reasons to avoid
- - Proprietary wireless charger
- - Bixby has proven to be terrible again
- - No Google Maps, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, etc
Compare Samsung Galaxy Watch prices from 3 retailers
- Samsung Galaxy Watch SM-R800 (46mm, Bluetooth, Silver)21 % Off RRP$239.00+ Shipping
- Samsung Galaxy Watch SM-R800 46mm - Silver$245.99Free Shipping
- Samsung R800 Galaxy Watch (46mm) Silver$679.80Free Shipping
- Samsung Galaxy Watch R800 (46mm Bluetooth)46 % Off RRP$289.95+ Shipping
- Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm Rose Gold SM-R810$434.00+ Shipping
- Samsung: R810 Galaxy Watch - Midnight Black$439.00+ Shipping
- Samsung Galaxy Watch (42mm, 1.3" Display, 20mm Band) SM-R810 4GB Tizen OS Bluetooth Smartwatch - International Version (Rose Gold)$599.00+ Shipping
Samsung Galaxy Watch
A new name brings new features
While Apple’s iconic design for a smartwatch does look good, sometimes you just want the classic look. And the Samsung Galaxy Watch gives you just that – the slickest operating system, along with lots of features you really want, in a design that’s timeless. It looks and feels like a high-end wrist watch, the difference is the decorative bezel rotates to bring up the watch’s features. It’s also the most satisfying way to navigate a smartwatch.
The Galaxy Watch is also now more fitness focused, thanks to additional sensors and a revamped Samsung Health app. There are several auto-tracked workouts, and you still get a nudge if you’re being lazy or sedentary. It’s also waterproof to up to 50m, making it perfect for both the gym and the pool.
While Samsung’s core apps are excellent, there’s no support for third-party apps. So you won’t be able to use Google Maps, Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. You do, however, have access to Samsung’s Bixby voice assistant, although it still lacks the reach, understanding and functionality of the other digital assistants, like Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant. That said, the onboard software is polished and shows up beautifully on the watch face. The large display is perfect for getting a quick glance at notifications and tracking fitness goals, all while looking dapper on the wrist.
The Galaxy Watch will work smoothly with any phone (Android or iOS), although the best experience will likely be with one Samsung’s own flagships. And with up to four days of battery life, you’re looking at a smartwatch that can go anywhere with you.
Verdict: The Galaxy Watch is Samsung's most refined smartwatch thanks to its helpful fitness tracking and four-day battery life. The rotating bezel makes menu navigation effortless, and makes the watch look sophisticated in its circular body. Be warned, though, that third-party apps are lacking and its iOS support is limited.
|Features||Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Touch Screen|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth, Wi Fi, GPS, 3G, LTE, 4G|
Here's some more information about this product
The Samsung Galaxy Watch Smart Watch was added to the Smart Watches category in May 2021.
The lowest price GetPrice has found for the Samsung Galaxy Watch Smart Watch in Australia is $239.00 from Dick Smith.
Other merchants who stock it are Dick Smith, BuyMobile, Amazon AU.
GetPrice provides impartial price comparison information to help you get the best deals year-round and Australia-wide.