August’s Afterpay Day has arrived, and there’s a stack of deals to pick up across this four day sale. From Thursday, August 17 until 11.59pm on Sunday, August 20, there’ll be deals dropping from big brands including Dyson, MAC Cosmetics, Nespresso, KitchenAid and more.
With such a large number of sellers offering big discounts, it’s easy to get overwhelmed when shopping the sale, so we’ve tracked down the top bargains and deals on offer across the web. Whether you want to score a new trimmer from the Shaver Shop, or upgrade your appliances with an ace deal from The Good Guys, you’ll be able to find what you‘re after below.
Plus, not all retailers will need you to pay using Afterpay – so you can shop most of these bargains and still use your preferred payment method. Ready to snatch up a bargain? Here’s where to find the biggest savings in August’s Afterpay Day sales.
Afterpay Day sales: retailer quicklist
- Adore Beauty: up to 40% off across 90+ brands
- Aveda: grab a 20% saving sitewide and in store
- Clinique: 20% off across the entire online range
- Estee Lauder: save up to 20% off plus receive a $70 gift with a $199 spend
- La Mer: spend $400 and receive a free gift, spend $700 to receive 3 minis
- MAC Cosmetics: save 20% site wide plus get a free gift with $100 purchase
- Shaver Shop: pick up a new shaver or trimmer for up to 70% off
- ASOS: up to 70% off with an extra 15% off with code AFTERPAYYAY
- Culture Kings: two for one sale on selected tees, headware, jackets and more
- Fossil: Use code APD30 for 30% off watches and accessories
- Rebel Sports: 20% off big brands including Nike, Adidas, ASICS and more
- The Iconic: save up to 30% on sports, fashion and kids
- Bing Lee: nab a 10% discount on Samsung TVs, Dyson, Philips and more
- Catch: score up to 50% off across a range of toys, tech and more
- Dyson: bag a stick vacuum for up to 40% off
- eBay: use code APAYDAY at checkout for an extra 15% off
- Sony: free shipping with orders over $200
- The Good Guys: earn up to $60 store cash when shopping online
Kitchen & homewares
- Big W: save up to 50% on kitchen gadgets, home, toys and more
- KitchenAid: save up to 20% on selected stand mixers and more
- Myer: up to 30% to save on homewares, fashion and more
- Nespresso: nab 20% off coffee pod machines plus $60 coffee credit
- Target: up to 20% off on home and 25% off on clothing
Afterpay Day sales: all you need to know
What is Afterpay Day?
Afterpay Day is a four day sales event that occurs in March and August each year. Across the four days, a big variety of retailers will offer deals and bargains on a range of goods, including homewares, clothes, tech and games, sometimes offering up to 70% off during the sale.
As the name implies, shoppers are encouraged to use Afterpay at checkout to snatch up these bargains. Sites such as eBay will even lock extra-saving coupons behind this condition, so you’ll need to be eligible to use the service in a few instances to pick up extra discounts.
When is Afterpay Day 2023?
Afterpay Day has come around twice in 2023, with the first event back during March 16-19. The current sale runs from 12pm AEST on Thursday, August 17 until 11.59pm AEST on Sunday, August 20, giving shoppers four full days to pick up a bargain.
Do I need to pay with Afterpay?
Afterpay Day does encourage buyers to use Afterpay as the payment method at checkout, however not all retailers will lock shoppers into doing so. It all depends on the retailer, but places such as Myer, Bing Lee, Target and Big W will often just offer a general discount across a range of goods with no expectation on the shopper to use Afterpay at checkout.
Get the Getprice Newsletter
Sign up to the Getprice Australia newsletter to receive weekly info and alerts